Goodbye October! I hope everybody had a wonderful Halloween with their family and friends! We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun our 17 month old had trick-or-treating. She held hands and walked up to every door, picked out her own candy and didn’t have one tantrum. That is a HUGE win! She had a sugar induced blast and experiencing her first active Halloween was such a joy. Holidays really are so much more fun through the eyes of a child. I’m waking up this morning feeling extremely thankful for that little girl and the happiness she brings Austin and I.
Our whole family went as Beauty and the Beast this year. And I have to give a huge shout out to my husband for finding his costume and mine at Goodwill for under $30 (My dress alone was only $3).
It was a wonderful evening! BUT…now that it’s over, I’m looking at all of this Halloween candy wondering what on earth to do with half of it? My toddler surely does not need all of this sugar and neither does mom’s figure.
Here are 10 things you can do with your Halloween Candy!
- Freeze it and throughout the year add the candy to your ice cream or milkshakes!
- Make your own Trail Mix and throw in all kinds of different candy!
- Throw some in your purse — perfect for your sugar craving in the middle of the day!
- Save it to bring for Thanksgiving and share the love with all your family.
- If you work in an office, bring it there! I’m sure it will be gone in no time.
- Save it for a learning experience i.e. Potty training reward or learning to count.
- Is your child’s birthday coming up? Save it for the pinata or party favors!
- Ship your candy overseas to soldiers via Operation Shoebox or Any Soldier.
- You can also donate your unopened candy to children and their parents in the hospital via Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Offer your children to trade in their candy for one of their favorite books or toys! Taking away Halloween candy is so much easier when the children are willing!
Do you have any other ideas for leftover Halloween candy? I’d love to hear all about your secrets in the comments below!