Who likes to save money? THIS MAMA RIGHT HERE!
When Austin and I made the decision for me to quit my job back in January, we knew that living on one income would be tough. I learned quickly that I was going to have to sacrifice amenities that I was used to like shopping frequently, getting my nails done, and my daily Starbucks (seriously so much money). I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t easy. But nothing was harder than having to leave my little girl everyday.
A few months after my resignation, I began to notice just how much money we were spending on groceries. It was crazy! I knew something had to change and so, this couponer was born.
I want to share with you all my favorite coupon apps! Some of these apps are pretty new to me and some I’ve been using for awhile, but they all save you money. Who doesn’t like the sound of that?
- Ibotta – This app is completely free and is compatible with Apple and Android devices. This app allows you to scan items as you shop, then upload your receipt at the conclusion of your grocery shopping and then it searches for all of the current offers (they change weekly). You will receive a certain dollar amount based on the items you purchase. Once you reach a certain threshold, Ibotta will refund it to your PayPal/Venmo account. If neither of those methods work for your situation, Ibotta will also issue gift cards to Starbucks, Redbox, and iTunes.
- RetailMeNot– This free app lets you save “when and where you want it.” Also compatible with Apple and Android devices, Retail Me Not gives you all the current deals around your location. It provides all coupons and promo codes for clothing, food, or anything else you may need.
- SavingStar– You can start with this free app by linking your SavingStar account to your local grocery store’s loyalty card. You can then checkout all of the current coupons and potential savings and add them to your account. Any e-coupon that you selected will be saved to your loyalty card so that you don’t have to bring anything extra to the store with you. The discount will not be applied at checkout but will be added to your SavingStar account within a few weeks. Once your SavingStar account has reached 5$ you can choose to cash out by bank deposit, PayPal, or donate it to charity.
- SnipSnap– This app is every coupon clipper’s dream! SnipSnap lets you take a picture of your paper coupon and then turns it into a mobile offer straight from your phone! The only con to this app – It only works for department stores. It is not yet available for grocery shopping.
- Walmart Savings Catcher– This was the first coupon app I used, and it got me hooked! The Walmart Savings Catcher allows you to upload your receipt after checkout and then immediately begins to compare prices to all competitors in your area. Within 72 hours you will see your savings in your Walmart account that you can cash out. When you have chosen to cash out your account, Walmart will send you an e-gift card that you can use toward your next purchase.
- Cartwheel by Target– I am a Target addict, I admit it! This app is amazing because it is seriously SO simple. You browse the current offers and then add the most appealing ones to your list. At checkout, your coupons will be scanned and your savings will be applied. Pretty easy huh?
- The Coupons App – This is an ultimate guide to saving in all areas of your life. This free app provides coupons and promo codes for your favorite restaurants, retailers and even gas stations! You will get automatic notifications when deals are nearby AND they offer weekly giveaways!
There you have it! Seven ways to save money on your next shopping trip. Do you have any money saving secrets or apps you like to use? Leave them in the comments! I would love to read!