I am a sucker for this time of the year. It’s the beginning of the holiday season, the weather starts to cool, the fashion is my favorite and the food is to die for. (See what I did there? I put die because it’s almost Halloween. Get it? Bad mom joke?)
With Halloween quickly approaching, I decided it was time for some festive snacks around our home. And what food is better to satisfy your craving of salty and sweet than a good ol’ batch of trail mix.
Today, I am showing you the recipe for Halloween Monster Munch.
This is a hit with my husband and is perfect for a quick snack at home, a gift, or a fun dish to bring to your Halloween party this year.
Halloween Monster Munch Ingredients:
- White Chocolate (2-3 bars based on how much chocolate you want)
- Chex Mix
- Candy Corn
- Chocolate Chips
If giving as gift:
- Gift Tag
- Mason Jar
This would be a fun and easy mix to put together with your kiddos too. Add these clever names with your ingredients and watch your kid’s faces light up when you tell them to “pass the goblin poop.”
Directions for Halloween Monster Munch:
- Put your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 60-90 seconds to melt.
- While chocolate is melting, add the rest of your ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the appropriate amount of each ingredient as you find desirable. (I like a lot of M&Ms)
- Add the melted chocolate over the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture over wax paper and let chocolate set. (should take about 10 minutes)
I probably could have used one more bar of white chocolate.
To prepare for gifting:
- Portion the Monster Munch into a mason jar.
- Add twine around lid of the jar to the thickness preferred and secure with a hot glue gun.
- Add a fun gift tag and sign.
Viola! If you need any clever signing ideas, here are a few of my favorite:
- Trick or treat yo’ self!
- Here’s a BOOtiful treat!
- I’m here for the BOOS!
- Creep it real!
- Eat, drink and be scary!
- You are terror-ific!
Happy Halloween Everybody!